8.14.2007

Emily Is King

If you haven't yet heard the mellifluous sound of Emily King you are truly missing out! The New York-born songstress with the voice as sweet as honey happens to be the daughter of international jazz duo Marion Cowings and Kim Kalesti, and her deep musical roots push to the surface of every song on East Side Story, her debut album due out August 28, 2007.

Influenced by musicians as disparate as Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Nas, and Neil Young, King's style is a captivating melange of R&B, pop and folk. Don't miss U & I (my personal fave), a winsome, lilting tune that Emily describes as "a pure love message." Plus Walk In My Shoes, a ripe coming-of-age expression, has a beat so mellow and infectious even the worst of dancers will find their rhythm.

Catch a live performance of U & I at HBO On Demand through the end of August (click here for the specs) or hear Walk In My Shoes at EmilyKingOnline.com.

No comments: