11.03.2007

Saturday Shopping at Sephora

No beauty junkie really needs a reason to go to Sephora, not really. We can go on any random Wednesday morning or a Sunday evening, just because. But since I had a rather generous Sephora gift card burning a hole in my coin purse, I decided today I would have a reason - to spend every last penny on beautiful, colorful, wonderful products!

I first learned of these amazing alpha hydroxy pads on Shake Your Beauty and I've been obsessed with them ever since (thanks Tia!). They're a bit pricey, so when I saw this deal on the MD Skincare website I just had to have it. Now it's available at Sephora and it is fabulous! The Alpha Beta® Daily Face Peels and Hydra-Pure™ Antioxidant Serum will make your skin glow and fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes will vanish!

MD Skincare Team Doctor, $95 (a $170 value)



Okay, don't tell them I told you, but Sephora could actually be selling these gorgeous, fat color sticks for a whole lot more than five bucks a pop! They're brilliant and long-lasting and the colors are so fun and fresh. I picked up Flesh, a shimmering gold hue, and Purple, an silvery lavender shade that looks stunning with brown eyes.


Sephora Brand Jumbo Eye Pencil, $5



So last week I saw We Own the Night, a fantastic, edge-of-your-seat flick starring Joaquin Phoenix and Eva Mendes. The movie was great but I found myself silently crushing on the 80's makeup and clothes Eva wore, particularly a vibrant turquoise sweater and matching eye makeup. In short, I've been pining for the perfect turquoise eyeshadow ever since. Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Peace was just what I've been looking for!


Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow, $17



And since I had the perfect shadow in my basket I wanted a new brush with which to apply it. I'm no makeup artist, so investing in a $60 was not on my agenda. This one was only $5 and it blends perfectly.

TheBalm shadyLady Shadow Brush, $5



I've been desperately needing a dual sharpener for my pencils, especially my new jumbo-sized babies. This sharpener has snap-on caps to keep my fingers clean of all the colorful shavings.

Sephora Brand Dual Pencil Sharpener, $3

And of course I couldn't leave without something chic to carry it all in so I grabbed a metallic bronze makeup case to stash all my new goodies.

Sephora Brand Metallic Bronze Bag Collection, $14-38

No comments: